For Scrum Masters learning about their role in a SAFe enterprise context. Learn to facilitate Team and Program Level events for successful program execution, explore Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and become a servant leader and coach. SAFe Scrum Masters help Agile Teams to deliver the maximum business value that is achievable through SAFe.
Are you curious about how to coach Agile teams to deliver maximum business value at scale? The SAFe® Scrum Master course covers the tactical skills to be an effective Scrum Master in a SAFe organization. And gives you the guidance and tools you need to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams.
If you want to become a certified scrum master with the skills to help leading companies succeed with Agile and scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course is for you. Learn how scrum masters empower and lead Agile teams. Understand how to facilitate Agile events like iteration planning, standups, and retrospectives. And discover how to help teams plan and complete their work. You’ll also learn the principles of servant leadership, so you can help develop high performing, engaged, continuously improving teams in your own organization.
Key Learning Areas
- How to facilitate Scrum events
- How to support PI execution
- How to coach teams to constantly improve
- How to implement DevOps for continuous flow and delivery
- How do Scrum Masters facilitate planning and execution of work during a PI?
- How do you coach and lead Agile teams inside a SAFe enterprise?
- How do you become a servant leader to build a high-performing team?
What You Will Receive:
- Course materials
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- Access to SAFe® Collaborate, a visual online workspace
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day
- SAFe Scrum Master certification exam
Certified SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM)
- Duration - 90 minutes
- Number of questions - 45
- Passing score - (73%)
- Competency level - Intermediate; Proficient, capable; can perform tasks with some assistance
- Question format - Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answers)
- Delivery - Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access - Community Platform upon completion of the course
- Languages offered - English
- Cost - First attempt included in the course registration fee if taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake or attempt past the 30-day window is $50
Exam Sections and Percentages
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe (13%)
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master (38%)
- Experiencing PI Planning (18%)
- Facilitating Iteration execution (22%)
- Finishing the PI (9%)
Professional Development Units (PDUs) & Scrum Education Units
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDUs below toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Professional Development Units & Scrum Education Units
|Activity Number||SAFe ScrumMaster||Duration||2 days|
Includes current and aspiring:
- Scrum Masters
- Agile Project Managers
- Agile Coaches
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- Team Leaders
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Technical Managers
- Delivery Managers
- Quality Managers
- Engineering Managers
- Technical Architects
- Release Train Engineers
- Human Resources Professionals
There are no prerequisites. This is a great introductory course.