For Product Management Office (PMO) professionals to apply Lean-Agile values and principles and economic prioritization, and develop skills writing epics, Capabilities, Features, and user stories within the context of SAFe.
SAFe PO/PMs enable product development flow, drive program execution, and operate in the enterprise to drive the continuous delivery of value.
What skills do you need to deliver value in a Lean enterprise? The SAFe® Product Owner and SAFe® Product Manager (POPM) course covers the tactical responsibilities of these roles in the Agile Release Train. The course also gives you the guidance and tools you need to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams.
Learn how product owners and product managers should work together to achieve the best possible customer and business outcomes. The SAFe POPM course will teach you how to adopt a customer-centric approach to building products, using Scaled Agile Framework® to deliver more value, faster. Topics covered in this course include the daily role of POs and PMs; collaborating with engineering teams and business stakeholders; how to write epics, features, and stories; and how to design, prioritize, build, test, and deliver products with increased productivity and higher quality.
Key Learning Areas
- How to perform the role of a PO and a PM on a daily basis
- How to put the customer at the center of your design, build, and test process
- How to prepare for and lead PI Planning
- How to decompose Epics to Features and Features to Stories
- How to collaborate with Agile teams to forecast work
- How do POs and PMs plan and execute work during a PI?
- How do you integrate a customer-centric mindset to deliver products customers want?
- How do you connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles?
What You Will Receive:
- Course materials
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- Access to SAFe® Collaborate, a visual online workspace
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day
- SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certification exam
Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM)
- Duration - 90 minutes
- Number of questions - 45
- Passing score - 33/45 (73%)
- Competency level - Foundational difficulty; Competent, some knowledge or experience; can perform tasks with assistance
- Question format - Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answers)
- New for POPM 5.1: As part of our relentless improvement to evolve our exams and provide optimal candidate experience while maintaining testing integrity and rigor, the number of answer options has been reduced. For single select questions, we have moved from four options to three. For multiple select questions, we have moved to five or four options.
- Delivery - Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access - Community Platform upon completion of the course
- Languages offered - English
- Cost - First attempt included in the course registration fee if taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake or attempt past the 30-day window is $50
Exam Sections and Percentages
- Becoming a Product Owner/Product Manager in the SAFe enterprise (10%)
- Preparing for PI Planning (30%)
- Leading PI Planning (20%)
- Executing Iterations (30%)
- Executing the PI (10%)
Professional Development Units (PDUs) & Scrum Education Units
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDUs below toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Professional Development Units & Scrum Education Units
|Activity Number||SAFePOPM||Duration||2 days|
Includes current and aspiring:
- Product Managers
- Product Line Managers
- Product Owners
- Subject Matter Experts
- Business Owners
- Business and Systems Analysts
- Solution Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- PMO Professionals
- Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
- Scrum Master
- Release and Solution Train Engineers
- Agile Coaches
- Development Managers
- CTOs; Consultants
- Delivery Managers
- Release and Solution Train Engineers
- Software Developers
There are no prerequisites. This is a great introductory course.