This is a two-day interactive course. In this course, attendees gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations, and Lean Governance.
Aligning strategy with execution is critical to any organization’s success and a key aspect of Scaled Agile Framework®. With a Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) approach, you can collaborate across silos, empower teams, and organize around value to adapt to what customers want, faster.
The Lean Portfolio Management course helps executives, project management officers (PMOs) and other key stakeholders plan dynamically and be flexible enough to adjust initiatives and budgets as the market changes. The LPM course provides the guidance and tools attendees need to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams. You’ll learn how to connect portfolio strategy and initiatives to the planning and execution of work, how to integrate feedback from participatory budgeting, and how to adapt to change while maintaining your funding vision and roadmap.
Key Learning Areas
- How to connect the portfolio to the enterprise
- How to maintain portfolio vision and roadmap
- How to establish Lean budgets and guardrails
- How to create portfolio flow
- How do I connect strategy to execution?
- How do I manage flow and solve perpetual overload?
- How can I fund and govern dynamically?
- How does Lean Portfolio Management fit into SAFe?
What You Will Receive:
- Course materials
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- Access to SAFe® Collaborate, a visual online workspace
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Lean Portfolio Manager certification exam
- Access to the optional Getting Started with LPM Workshop
Certified SAFe®Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Duration - 90 minutes
- Number of questions - 45
- Passing score - 32/45 (71%)
- Competency level - Foundational difficulty; Competent, some knowledge or experience; can perform tasks with assistance
- Question format - Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answers)
- Delivery - Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access - Community Platform upon completion of the course
- Languages offered - English
- Cost - First attempt included in the course registration fee if taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake or attempt past the 30-day window is $50
Exam Sections and Percentages
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (16%)
- Establishing strategy and investment funding (16%)
- Realizing portfolio vision through Epics (13%)
- Establishing investment funding (16%)
- Managing portfolio flow (16%)
- Applying Agile portfolio operations (13%)
- Applying Lean governance (10%)
Professional Development Units (PDUs) & Scrum Education Units
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDUs below toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Professional Development Units & Scrum Education Units
|Activity Number||SAFeLPM||Duration||2 days|
Includes current and aspiring:
- Executives and Leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, CSOs, CMOs, VPs)
- Lean Portfolio Managers
- Epic Owners
- Lean Agile Center of Excellence (LACE) Professionals
- SPCs and Enterprise Agile Coaches
- Management Consultants
- Senior Managers
- Enterprise Architects
- Product and Solution Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Program Office Professionals
- Human Resources Leaders
- Release Train Engineers
Leading SAFe or another SAFe course is preferred by not required.