The SAFe® for Architects course prepares Architects to engage across the organization as effective leaders and change agents. During this three-day course, attendees explore the roles, responsibilities, and mindset of Agile Architects, learn how to align architecture with business value and drive continuous flow to large systems-of-systems while supporting SAFe program execution.
In SAFe®, architects play a key role in the trio of leaders that includes product managers and the Release Train Engineer. It’s these people who work together to execute programs and guide Agile Release Trains (ARTs) to enable continuous value flow.
In the SAFe® for Architects course, you’ll get the context you need to align architecture with business value. You’ll understand how system, solution, and enterprise architects collaboratively deliver architectural solutions. And you’ll get the guidance and tools you need to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams.
Key Learning Areas
- How to develop and communicate the architectural vision
- How to develop solution vision, intent, and roadmaps
- How to prepare and deliver software effectively and continuously
- How to lead and coach architects and team members during PI Planning and execution
- How do I plan for and execute a program increment (PI)?
- How do I plan the architectural runway to consistently deliver business value?
- How do I create clarity and visibility into the architectural vision for an ART?
What You Will Receive:
- Course materials
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- Access to SAFe® Collaborate, a visual online workspace
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day
- SAFe Architect certification exam
Certified SAFe® Architect (ARCH)
- Duration - 120 minutes
- Number of questions - 60
- Passing score - 45/60 (75%)
- Competency level - Intermediate difficulty; Proficient, capable; can perform tasks with some assistance
- Question format - Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answers)
- Delivery - Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access - Community Platform upon completion of the course
- Languages offered - English
- Cost - First attempt included in the course registration fee if taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake or attempt past the 30-day window is $50
Exam Sections and Percentages
- Exemplifying Agile architecture (8%)
- Architecting for DevOps and release on demand (13%)
- Aligning architecture with business value (12%)
- Developing solution vision, solution intent, and roadmaps (15%)
- Preparing architecture for PI Planning (12%)
- Coordinating architecture throughout PI Planning (12%)
- Supporting continuous delivery during PI execution (12%)
- Supporting new strategic themes and value streams (8%)
- Leading as an Architect during a Lean-Agile transformation (8%)
Professional Development Units (PDUs) & Scrum Education Units
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDUs below toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Professional Development Units & Scrum Education Units
|Activity Number||SAFeforARCH||Duration||3 days|
Includes current and aspiring:
- System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects
- Software Developers; Technical Managers
- Technical Product Leaders
- Scrum Masters
- Agile Coaches
- Release Train Engineers
- Technical Consultants
Technical architect experience is preferred but not required