Define a vision, strategy, and roadmap to tap into new markets. Get fast feedback and deliver exceptional products and solutions that delight while aligning with your organization’s strategy, portfolio, evolving architecture, and solution intent.
In SAFe®, product managers play a key role in the trio of leaders that includes architects and the Release Train Engineer. All of these people work together to lead the Agile Release Trains (ARTs) in continuously delivering value.
In the Agile Product Management course, you’ll explore how to use design thinking to put your customers at the center and create products that are desirable, feasible, and sustainable. You’ll discover how continuous exploration fuels innovation. You’ll get the guidance and tools you need to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams. And you’ll explore how to define a vision, strategy, and roadmap to satisfy existing customers and attract new ones.
Key Learning Areas
- How to create innovation in the value stream
- How to use design thinking to achieve desirable, feasible, and sustainable products
- How to use product strategy to set clarity and direction for the ART
- How to develop and evolve short-term roadmaps that result in long-term value
- How can I use design thinking to achieve customer centricity?
- How do I prepare a product strategy, vision, and roadmap for my ART?
- What are the right mindsets, skills, and tools to create successful products?
What You Will Receive:
- Course materials
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- Access to SAFe® Collaborate, a visual online workspace
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day
- SAFe Agile Product Manager certification exam
Certified SAFe® Product Management (APM)
- Duration - 120 minutes
- Number of questions - 60
- Passing score - 45/60 (75%)
- Competency level - Foundational difficulty; Competent, some knowledge or experience; can perform tasks with assistance
- Question format - Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answers)
- Delivery - Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access - Community Platform upon completion of the course
- Languages offered - English
- Cost - First attempt included in the course registration fee if taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake or attempt past the 30-day window is $50
Exam Sections and Percentages
- Analyzing your role as a PM in the Lean Enterprise (7%)
- Continuously exploring markets and users (13%)
- Driving strategy with market segmentation (12%)
- Using empathy to drive design (8%)
- Defining product strategy and vision (17%)
- Creating roadmaps to build solutions (8%)
- Delivering value (13%)
- Managing value stream economics (10%)
- Creating innovation in the value stream (12%)
Professional Development Units (PDUs) & Scrum Education Units
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDUs below toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Professional Development Units & Scrum Education Units
|Activity Number||SAFeAPM||Duration||3 days|
Includes current and aspiring:
- Product Managers, Directors & VPs
- Product Owners
- Agile Transformation Leaders
- Agile Coaches; Consultants
- Marketing & Sales Managers
- Directors & VPs
- Release Train Engineers
- Epic Owners
- Lean Agile Center of Excellence (LACE) Members
- Subject Matter Experts
- Business Owners & Business Line Managers
- Business & Systems Analysts
- Technical Architects
The SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager course, Leading SAFe course, or any other SAFe course is preferred by not required.