As a practicing scrum master in a SAFe® organization, you’ve got the tactical skills to coach Agile teams in delivering business value. Build on that strong foundation in the SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master course and discover how to facilitate success for Agile teams, Agile Release Trains (ARTs), and the organization. And get the guidance and tools you need to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams.
Take your leadership skills to the next level. The SAFe Advanced Scrum Master course will give you the tools you need to improve your coaching and facilitation skills, avoid common missteps, and encourage relentless improvement. You’ll learn how to apply Lean, Kanban, DevOps, and SAFe principles to improve team and business outcomes. You’ll up-level your facilitation skills for key Agile and Scaled Agile Framework® events, whether they’re in person or across teams and time zones. And you’ll discover how communities of practice can support continuous improvement.
Key Learning Areas
- How to apply SAFe principles to facilitate, enable, and coach in a multi-team environment
- How to adopt scalable engineering practices, Kanban, DevOps, and Agile architecture to optimize flow
- How to advance your facilitation skills for ART and team event planning, execution, and delivering end-to-end value
- How to build communities of practice to support high-performing teams and ART efficiency
- How to lead distributed teams effectively in remote environments
- What’s the next step in my learning as a SAFe Scrum Master?
- How can I improve my coaching and facilitation skills to support my team?
- What are common anti-patterns to avoid when encouraging relentless improvement at scale?
What You Will Receive:
- Course materials
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- Access to SAFe® Collaborate, a visual online workspace
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification exam
Certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
- Duration - 120 minutes
- Number of questions - 60
- Passing score - 44/60 (73%)
- Competency level - Advanced; Expert, fully competent; can perform tasks with little assistance
- Question format - Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answers)
- Delivery - Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access - Community Platform upon completion of the course
- Languages offered - English
- Cost - First attempt included in the course registration fee if taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake or attempt past the 30-day window is $50
Exam Sections and Percentages
- Exploring the Scrum Master role (15%)
- Applying SAFe Principles (15%)
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns (13%)
- Facilitating program execution (15%)
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP (13%)
- Building high-performing teams (17%)
- Improving program performance (12%)
Professional Development Units (PDUs) & Scrum Education Units
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDUs below toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
|Activity Number||SAFeAdvanced||Duration||2 days|
Includes current and aspiring:
- Senior Scrum Masters
- Agile Coaches
- Agile Transformation Leaders
- Lean Agile Center of Excellence (LACE) Members
- PMO/APMO/ePMO Leaders & Members
- Release Train Engineers
- Senior Managers
- Group Leaders
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- Product Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Engineering Managers
- Consultants Development Managers and Senior Business Analysts
Scrum Master experience or training is preferred but not required.