Excellent performance is tough to achieve in today’s world of a million moving parts in your average .NET application. Add in the fact that the .NET garbage collector is a complete black box, and it makes your life even harder. Performance is a feature, and this session will get you thinking about performance in the right way. This course answers questions such as:
- How do we architect for .NET performance?
- What can I do while coding to make sure I don’t kill performance?
- How can I truly monitor my .NET code during test and production?
- Which performance tools are the best?
Key Learning Areas
- Learn to think about performance correctly
- Understand the differences in performance
- Learn how Windows affects performance
- Learn how .NET affects performance
- Understand how the language constructs affect performance
- Learn the various resource usage tools
- Understand how to use Visual Studios performance tools
- Learn how to use third party tools to tackle performance issues
- How to Think About Performance
- Windows & .NET Architecture
- The Performance of Everyday Things
- Performance Tools and Really How to Use Them
Fast code is good code. All your developers and testers need to learn how to identify performance problems before they occur in production. Mastering .NET Performance will speed you on your way.
The expected audience for this course is developers and testers who are working daily in Visual Studio and .NET languages.