Geared for experienced developers, Java RESTful Service Essentials is a two day, lab-intensive services training course that introduces developers to the core concepts, principles, and Java implementations for RESTful services.
Today's development environments are increasingly dominated by sophisticated tooling that makes the implementation of RESTful services less arduous. The proper design of these services is far more complex and demanding.
Key Learning Areas
- Understand and apply the basic concepts of REST
- Understand and intelligently discuss the similarities and differences between RESTful services and SOAP-based services
- Appreciate the security concerns associated with RESTful services
- Design, develop, and deploy real-world RESTful Services
- Implement RESTful Services using JAX-RS
- Implement RESTful Java clients
- Implement JAX-RS Filters and Interceptors
- Discover asynchronous JAX-RS processing
Working with REST
Overview of REST
Designing RESTful Services
Introduction to JAX-RS
>@Path: URI Matching
JAX-RS Request and Response
JAX-RS Client API
JAX-RS Filters and Interceptors
Security and RESTful Services (Optional)
Securing Untrusted Input
Defending RESTful Services
This is an intermediate level training course, designed for experienced Java developers and architects who need to identify, design, and implement web services. We will explore and apply the terminology, the specification, the processes and technologies specific to web services.
Students should have 1-2 years of working knowledge with Servlets and Spring. Should be familiar with XML and JSON.