Xamarin platform offers a compelling option for building cross-platform mobile applications. This Introduction to Xamarin Development 5-day training course gives attendees the skills necessary to design and build well-architected cross-platform mobile applications that follow modern design principles and patterns.
Attendees gain hands-on experience building Xamarin.Forms-based applications as well as applications with native iOS and Android user interfaces.
Key Learning Areas
- Understand the pros and cons of different cross-platform mobile development options
- Learn about the architecture of Xamarin-based applications
- Gain experience with different code sharing techniques including dependency injection
- Build applications that employ a native iOS and Android user interface
- Build an application that employs a cross-platform user interface using Xamarin.Forms
- Learn how to deploy a mobile application privately and publicly to the various app stores
- Mobile Development Options
- Xamarin Development Platform
- Getting Started
- Creating an Application Solution
- Building Shared Application Components
This training provides the knowledge and skills necessary to start developing cross-platform mobile applications with C# and the Xamarin development platform. Developers with previous C# programming experience will gain the ability to build a single application that can target iOS, Android, and Windows-based devices.
During the training, attendees will construct applications with native platform-specific interfaces as well applications that take advantage of the cross-platform Xamarin.Forms UI framework.
Significant previous experience with the C# programming language.
Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts, such as inheritance and interfaces.