GitHub Copilot is an AI pair programmer that helps you write code faster and with less work. It draws context from comments and code to instantly suggest individual lines and whole functions.
In this course, GitHub’s experts will equip your team with the knowledge of GitHub Copilot’s Core features through the demos, Security, Compliance, Code and Data privacy policies, future roadmap, and answer questions.
Key Learning Areas
- Features and Benefits of GitHub Copilot: Learn what are key features and benefits of GitHub copilot through demos
- Security, Compliance and Privacy policies: You will get a clear understanding of governance policies of GitHub Copilot
- Future roadmap and Q&A: You will also learn about the future roadmap of GitHub Copilot
Adopting GitHub Copilot can help companies improve their development processes, increase productivity, and reduce errors, ultimately leading to better software and happier developers.
Module 1 – Introduction to GitHub Copilot
What is GitHub Copilot?
- What is it?
- How does it work?
Why GitHub Copilot?
- What does research say?
Module 2 – Governance
- Customer code and data
- Security of transmitted data
- How GitHub copilot helps in secure development
- Outbound PII filtering
- Air-gapped environments
- Additional security measures
- Personal data collection and control
- How is collected data processed
- What access Microsoft has to the collected data
- Are prompts and suggestions used to train AI models
- How long is collected data retained
- Data flow process
- Who owns copilot suggestions?
- Third party testing and compliance certification
- Does copilot have any control on your editor?
- IP considerations and copyright
- Open-source license considerations
- Code ownership and references
- Risk mitigation measures
- How is your code used to generate suggestions?
Module 3 – Future Roadmap and Q&A
- Future roadmap
GitHub administrators, technical leads, InfoSec, IT security
After completing this training, learners will be able to:
- How GitHub Copilot enables developers
- In-depth understanding of GitHub Copilot governance
- What’s on the roadmap for Copilot
- GitHub Enterprise Cloud Account
- Learners have administrator/owner roles in GitHub