Key Learning Areas
- Understand the Blazor Platform
- Build UIs with Razor Components
- Utilize Data Binding and Event Handling
- Compose Razor Components
- Build Blazor Pages and Configure Routing
- Deploy a Blazor WebAssembly Application to Production
- Consume Server Data via REST APIs
- What is Blazor?
- Blazor Hosting Models
- What is Blazor Server vs. Blazor WebAssembly?
- What is WebAssembly?
- Browser Compatibility
- How does .NET Core / C# run in a web browser?
Blazor WebAssembly Application
- Project Template
- Create a New Application
- Hosting Blazor WebAssembly with a ASP.NET Core MVC Server
- Dependency Injection
- Handling Errors
- Debugging WebAssembly
Razor Components and Data Binding
- What is a Component?
- Creating a Data Model
- Binding the Data Model to the HTML
- Passing Arbitrary Attributes
- Handling Events
Composing Razor Components
- Decompose a Component into Smaller Components
- One-Way Data Binding
- Two-Way Data Binding
- Pass Data from a Parent Component to a Child Component using Parameters
- Pass Data from a Child Component to a Parent Component using Event Callbacks
- Use Keys to Optimize Performance
- Use Refs to Access DOM Elements
- Razor Component Design Patterns
- Parameters are Immutable
- Lift State Up
- Managing State in General
Razor Component Forms
- What is the purpose of Form?
- Collecting Data using a Form, Input, Select and Textarea Elements
- Explore Form Element Two-Data Binding
- Build Forms with the Blazor Edit Form Razor Component
- Explore the Concept of the Edit Context
- Use the Specialized Edit Form Controls
- Input Text
- Input TextArea
- Input Select
- Input Number
- Input Checkbox
- Input Date
- Applying Validation to the Form
- Decorating the View Model with Validation Attributes
Razor Component Pages
- What is the Page model?
- Differences between Razor Pages and Razor Components
- Using a Razor Component as a Page
- Explore the Router Component
- Configuring Page Routing
- Route to Components from Multiple Assemblies
- Using Route Parameters
Using Server Data
- NET Core MVC Web API
- What is ASP.NET Core MVC?
- What is a REST API?
- What is an API Controller?
- Injecting the Http Client
- Exploring the Http Client
- Calling a REST API from a Blazor Component using the HttpClient
- Synchronous vs. Asynchronous Calls
- Calling Static Methods
- Calling Instance Methods
- C# programming experience